Concerned about a loved one?
Advice for helping a friend or family member
If you are concerned about a friend or relative's hearing, there are some easily recognisable symptoms which can help to identify hearing loss:
- Difficulty understanding speech in background noise
- Intently watching the faces of speakers
- Sitting close to the TV set when the volume is adequate for others
- Increasing the TV or music volume to unreasonably loud levels
- Not responding to voices over the telephone or switching ears continually
For many people, admitting to suffering from hearing loss can be difficult. Advice and support from family members can be an important factor in taking action.
Book an appointment
The best way to determine the condition of someone's hearing is a free hearing assessment conducted by an audiologist. At Black & Lizars, we offer a domiciliary hearing service for those who are unable to attend a practice. If you are concerned about a loved one and would like to find out more about the services we offer, please get in touch today.