The team at Black & Lizars’ Fenwick Road practice in Giffnock is celebrating after winning Practice of the Year at its annual staff conference.
The team of 14 scooped the prize which was contested by 23 practices from across the country. They were praised for their cohesive and positive approach within a busy practice. They also achieved their sales targets for the year, as well as offering top class customer service.
Stewart Saunders, practice manager at Fenwick Road also won Practice Manager of the Year because of his patient-focused approach and outstanding delivery of clinical services.
Morven Campbell, the Clinical Services Manager at Black & Lizars, said: “Stewart and his team are very deserving of this award. They work tirelessly and with great attention to patient care every single day and they exemplify everything Black & Lizars stands for. Stewart sets a brilliant example resulting in a strong, successful, and professional team.”
Black & Lizars’ annual conference and awards were held in The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort and attended by Black & Lizars staff members from all across Scotland.
Other award winners on the night included:
· Long service awards for Lynda McPhail (30 years), Ann Ewing, Gillian Slight, Elspeth Mitchell and Morven Campbell (all 20 years)
· Optical Assistant of the Year (sponsored by Thea Pharmaceuticals) – Abbie Skene
· Clinical Assistant of the Year (sponsored by Maui Jim) – Lynsey Anderson
· Dispensing Optician of the Year (sponsored by Silhouette) – Martin Stevenson
· CSO Employee of the Year (sponsored by Marcolin) – Stevie Coote
· Optometrist of the Year (sponsored by No 7) – Louise Creighton
· Optomap Champion of the Year (sponsored by Optos) – Umar Afzal
· Adaro Practice of the Year (sponsored by Adaro) – Clarkston
Black and Lizars is one of Scotland’s largest and most renowned optometrists with over 23 practices across the country and over 180 years of experience in delivering outstanding eye care.