See the difference contact lenses can make to your life at Black & Lizars.
Before fitting contact lenses, your
optometrist will examine your eyes and discuss your lifestyle and
specific needs. Once the lenses are fitted, we will teach you
how to wear and care for your lenses and what steps to take to
avoid any problems.
At your regular contact lens
checks, we'll check that you have the right solution and are making
the best use of it.
The solution used to clean your
contact lenses can often be taken for granted. However, these
cleaning solutions play a big part in not just keeping your lenses
clean but also in keeping your lenses comfortable and your eyes
free from irritation. Using an incorrect cleaning solution
can significantly reduce the amount of time you can comfortably
wear your contact lenses.
All the solutions we offer are
highly effective at killing bacteria, but also gentle enough to
ensure comfort. We offer a range of solutions, and have
preservative free options for sensitive eyes.
DON'Ts of Contact Lenses
- Regulary attend your contact lens check-ups.
- Clean and disinfect your contact lenses as instructed.
- Always wash and dry your hands
thoroughly before handling your contact lenses.
- Replace your contact lenses regularly as scheduled.
- Replace your contact lens case regularly, keep it clean and
dust-free by rinsing with solution and allowing to air dry.
- Always use solutions recommended by your Optometrist and as
- Do not sleep in your contact lenses unless you have
been told you can do so.
- Never rinse your contact lenses or case in tap water.
- Do not swim in your contact lenses unless discussed with your
- Never wear your contact lenses if you are suffering from cold
- Never wear your contact lenses if your eyes are red or
- If after applying contact lenses they don't feel comfortable,
remove, clean and re-apply. If discomfort still persists, leave
your lenses out - "If in doubt, take it out"!
If a painful red eye occurs, remove your lenses. If pain
persists, attend your nearest Black & Lizars
practice, if outwith opening hours, contact NHS 24.